Sunday, October 31, 2010

11 Month Musings




Munchkin,

Sorry this note to you is a little late. Luckily you probably have no idea how crazy your dad and I's life has been the last few months, trying to get settled in Central PA, and sometimes, that means I dont get around to writing to you as promptly as Id like to. So, heres my short note to you between your 11 month milestone and your first birthday.

This month more than most I have realized that you are becoming a little girl before our eyes. You still use bottles most often because you have discovered the joy of spitting only when using your sippy cup. You are still in diapers and still talk in baby babble. Yet, you are so grown up compared to that 2 month old babe that smiled, that 6 month old angel that rolled over, that 7 month old sweetie that crawled, that 10 month old cutie that cut her first tooth.

You seem advanced in your waves and "Hi!!!s", your more discerning giggles and grins, your music induced hip shaking, your focused and swift crawl, your mischievous smile at the cusp of an electrical outlet, and of course your staggering first steps. All of a sudden your photos show a little girl staring back, and not a baby. Your new, largely vertical, existence reminds me that its only a matter of a few weeks until you are running across the room, charging forward into a new chapter of your adventure, and this time on your own two feet.

As your first birthday approaches I find myself thinking of all that you've accomplished and learned in your first dozen months in our world. And all my thoughts end on the same sentiment. You are a truly amazing child. And I am so thankful that you are mine.

I love you much,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment