M,
Looking back on your first year with us, I am automatically reminded of how we first met. I'm reminded of how different I was before you arrived and how one day can change so many lives.
And that one day, the day you arrived in our arms, was the start of an entire year of changes and learning......learning how to care for you, how to communicate with you, how to juggle parenthood with other life roles, how to put someone else first in each and every decision I make, and generally just how to be a mom. I made a lot of mistakes along the way and am eternally thankful for your guardian angel, who saved us both from many potentially embarrassing or dangerous situations as I learned from my blunders.
Along the way I learned a lot about you, about myself, and about the type of mom I am becoming. I Anticipated that i would learn a lot about babies during this voyage, but I never realized how much I would learn about myself. And first and foremost, I've learned that this mom gig is even harder than it looks and I may be insane because I'd do it again in a minute if given the opportunity.
Thank you for making the last year the best of my life (and I know your daddy agrees). Were both looking forward to all the interesting moments you will bring to our life next year.
365 days of love,
Momma

No comments:
Post a Comment