Maren,
You reminded me this month that the world is full of amazing articles--like hands and thumbs for sucking, vowel sounds for babbling, bellies for tickling, and feet for kicking. You make your dad and I laugh because you cant stand to NOT be the center of attention. Maybe its cruel of us, but we often experiment on you, purposely looking away and engaging in our own chatter to see how long it takes you to make a fuss over the fact that our eyes are not fully on yours. Just so you know, its about 8 seconds. Youve started talking a lot this month, probably because youre sick of us taking 10 minutes and 5 attempts to figure out what the source of your crying is and how to remedy the situation. Still, Im sorry to tell you that your babbles are not giving us any better clues.
What I have learned about you, my little girl, over the last three months is this: you look fabulous in blue, you love the song "barbara ann", you gain some strange security by holding onto my shirt while eating, you pretend to hate it when your dad showers you with kisses but I know you secretly love that you already have him wrapped around your finger, you have no interest in cats, you hate hats, your closest friends are the elephants and lions on your crib mobile, you love car rides but the first few minutes of stoplights really piss you off, you'd eat all day if we let you, and through all this I can already tell that youre going to be a handful.
Im amazed at all the things Ive learned about you in such a short period of time and I marvel at how unique you already are. Its so strange that you already seem so grown up and you havent even made it through an entire season yet. I can only imagine all the amazing articles youll find in a few months when we're taking walks outside and smelling flowers and feeling the tickle of grass on our toes. Thoughts of those moments ahead make me realize that strangely, time can stand still while still moving too quickly.
I love you,
Momma

No comments:
Post a Comment