To my love bug,
This month I'm marveling at your astounding comprehension and language. Since moving up to the next age group at daycare you have learned scores of words, songs, and meanings that I never realized would come so quickly. You are now a pro at several animal sounds with your favorites seeming to be dog ( wooffwoooff), lion (rawrrrr), and duck (tattat with hand motions for a mouth opening and closing). You can also point out a variety of everyday items from bottles, bananas, and cheese to telephones, babies, and keys. Possibly most adorable and frustrating simultaneously is your understanding and use of the word "no" accompanied by a staccato head shake. Usually it's cute and helpful to know what you'd like, but other times its a foreshadowing of the difficult battles ahead--- like today when we were at the mall and I asked you "can you leave that monkey here with his friends." and you quickly said "no" and held on to your new stuffed friend as if your life depended on it. You have also become even more fond of music, if that's even possible, with sing a longs being a staple on all car trips whether one mile or one hour. Sorry for both you and your father that I have the kind of singing voice that would make it on the outtakes of American Idol, but you asked for it!! Currently your favorite is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, complete with hand gestures. With grandma volunteering at daycare we've also learned a few more songs that are a part of your daily repertoire. The most recent gem is a version of Row Row Row Your Boat featuring screaming due to fining alligators......you love that part and wait patiently for your cue to yell and wave your hands theatrically.
Now that I've recapped the major desires of your little heart for today I'd like to thank you for letting me be a part of your silly songs and daily revelations. Watching you navigate the world and learn all the little things I've taken for granted for decades is humbling, eye opening, and endearing. At the end of the day, nothing makes me more proud than to hear you Moo or correctly point out a tree while on a walk, or see you do the sign language for "More" when you want additional bath water or marshmallows (a current favorite sweet treat). It's funny how life changes and mundane accomplishments become extraordinary.
Love you to the moon and back,
Momma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment