Mimi,
Happy 2nd Birthday. Two times around the sun? Over 700 days? I cant believe it. I dont even know where to begin on this letter to you as there are so many things I hope to remember about you, and share with you, about this time in your life. Most of all, you are smart and cunning, compassionate and resilient, and laser focused. These are incredible qualities I hope you retain as you get older and the world throws challenges at you more regularly. However, right now, these same qualities can be incredibly frustrating when the challenge youre facing is trying to get a second treat or stay up way beyond your bedtime!
While the "terrible twos" have brought some trying times, seeing your personality develop has surely outweighed the challenges. I love that you are finally at an age where you understand what hugs and kisses and love is all about, sort of. You are so excited to share your joy with others, whether its insisting that I too wash my hands with you, daddy gets up and dances or does the "rosy" with you, Aunt Carly sings with you, or Monkey has puffies too. You also kiss your dolls and stuffed animals liberally and love to give hugs with a running jump. While you give kisses freely, you save your "I love you"s for more special occasions, and it certainly does make me feel like I have done something right somewhere along the way when I hear that from you. As you grow older, I hope I get to hear that phrase more often, and I know I will try to earn it every day.
It also seems that you may end up being a perfect blend of a tom boy and a princess. You love watching beeball and hockey with your dad and enjoy playing sports too, complete with the athlete toughness. However, I always know if Ive lost sight of you, the first place to look for you is in my closet because you are a lover of high heels, jewelery, and purses....and of course dresses to twirl in. I love that you follow your interests and have no clue what this world says is for "boys" and whats for "girls". You point out semi trucks and trains during our outings, are genuinely elated to play with toy cars and make dinosaur noises, and really dont care that your winter hat is a blue and grey dog rather than something pink and frilly. Although Im sure your preferences will change over the coming years, I hope you always stay true to what you desire, not what society tells you you should like or should be.
As I wrap up this letter to you, a little after your second birthday, Id like to remind you of a few of the things that make your heart melt these days.
Most frequently requested food: chocolate milk (chalky nilk), marshmallows (samas), cereal with milk and dodirt (yogurt)
Most exciting bathtime activity: rinsing suds off your hands or throwing balls in the tub from across the bathroom
Favorite character: STILL Elmo
Favorite activities: Hide Seek, coloring, sliding, tickle mimi, rosy
Favorite songs: Rock a bye baby ("baby on treetop"), twinkle twinkle little star, Ive been working on the railroad
Love you lots,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment