Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Half Way Point
















Six months?! Wow, Really?! I struggle to believe that I have known you for half a year already. You've seen the tree leaves change colors, fall to the ground, and grow green once again. You've experienced your first Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and Mothers Day. You rang in a new year and helped to celebrate your grandma and momma's birthdays. So much accomplished in a handful of months, and so much more yet to come before we make a full turn of the calendar.

This month you have really started to develop a personality, and grow a lot of hair ;) You smile, A LOT, which lights up my heart and tightens the hold you have over your father. You also laugh a lot more these days, sometimes completely unprovoked which makes me so happy that you find life in general so humorous! I often wonder what you will end up liking to do when you get older, as you seem so interested in anything that plays music, makes noise or flickers light. I have a feeling that your preferences might give me headaches or seizures in the future! Sadly, no matter how much I try, you seem very bored with books. Perhaps you are too young to enjoy these pursuits just yet. Or perhaps you are your father's child and are simply not much of a book person.

New this month is your proclivity for side sleeping and ability to roll. You've also started putting your hands up and whining when you want to be picked up. Granted, the whining is not something Id encourage, but I do find it endearing that you want to be close to us and Im ecstatic that I can finally communicate with you, at some level. It also seems that you love brown rice cereal, tolerate avocados, and much to my dismay, are not a fan of bananas. Im seriously hoping that you come around to the bananas because Im nursing a serious love affair with this fruit from the south and Id like to share my excitement with you.

Im sorry I dont have any wisdom to impart this month. Still, its been fun spending your days with you and I look forward to a summer full of priceless moments to come.

Love you much,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment